Nigeria needs ‘Mohbad law’ against cultist intimidation – Seun Kuti tells FG

Naijafans

Naijafans

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today 7:10 PM
NaijaCash
Sounds like a great idea. A ‘Mohbad law’ to protect the citizen of the country against undue intimidation and threats to live by higher people in the society.

This was first aired by Seun Kuti in the news piece below. Read and share your opinion.

Nigeria needs ‘Mohbad law’ against cultist intimidation – Seun Kuti tells FG

Seun Kuti, popular Nigerian musician and the youngest son of the Afrobeat pioneer Fela Anikulapo Kuti, has called for a law against intimidation by cultists.

He made the call following the death of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, aka Mohbad, whose demise had sparked speculations of cult-like affiliation and activities in the entertainment industry.

While reacting to the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s death on his Instagram page, he opined that Mohbad’s death was cult associated, adding that the menace had long been in existence and a scourge to the coming generation.

He claimed that cultism has eaten deep into the Nigerian system such that law enforcement agents and other self-acclaimed law abiding citizens are not exempted from affiliations with cult groups.

He added that his personal experience while in detention was a testament to his claim, stating that quite a number of officer’s declared their affiliations to him, reckoning that he was also one of them.

According to him, “When I was locked up numerous police officers and their ogas told me their different cultist affiliation thinking I was one of them so they could help me, even the police are cultists. Now u are asking cultist to investigate cultists. #getthesax.”

However, he charged lawmakers to take immediate action by making stringent laws