Tuchel Blasts UEFA Over Champions League's New Format

N

naijawall

Local time
Today 1:48 AM
NaijaCash
Chelsea manager, Thomas Tuchel, has hit out at UEFA’s Champions League reforms

0_GettyImages-1303191524.jpg

According to the former PSG and Borussia Dortmund boss, the governing body avoided criticisms because of the outrage over the collapsed Super League.

Last Monday, UEFA approved changes that will see the number of teams competing in the Champions League rise from 32 to 36.

The group stage will also be replaced by a single league stage, known as the ‘Swiss model’.

The alterations to the competition will see teams play at least 10 games in the first stage.

Tuchel said: “I’m not sure if I like it because I can only see more games out of it. In the schedule that we have, it’s very hard for me to be excited at all.

“All these discussions about the Super League made us forget that we have a new format of Champions League very soon,” continued Tuchel. “Did they ask any coach about this? I don’t think so. They did not ask me. Did they ask any player about it? I don’t think so.

“There are so many new formats – we have Nations League, we have a new world championship for the clubs coming soon, we have more teams in the European Championship in summer. It’s just more and more and more games, but not more quality.

“At the same time we have three substitutes here in the Premier League, in the toughest competition.

“No, I’m not happy about this format, not at all. But I was not involved.”

Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
Naijafans
10,676 NaijaCash
N
NL SOFT
2,593 NaijaCash
SACHSTOSHI
SACHSTOSHI
578 NaijaCash